Wednesday 24 December 2008

Tips to Help You Remember to Take Your Medication


If you do forget to take you treatment occasionally, it is unlikely that you will come to any harm, however if you forget to take your tablets/capsules on a regular basis, you may run into problems.

I have come up with the following plan, to help me remember to take my medication

1/ I try to take my tablets/capsules regularly, at the same time everyday, so that I get into a routine.

2/ I have written notes on sticky paper (post-it notes) and stuck them to places where I can easily see them to help me remember

3/ I get my next prescription in plenty of time so as not to run out.

4/ If I am going on holidays, I make sure I take enough tablets with me to last the whole holiday.

5/ I always ask my wife and kids to help me remember.

6/ My daughter bought me a programmable alarm watch as a present, which I set to help me remember when to take my tablets

7/ I also keep my tablets in a dispenser box with separate containers for different times of the day

8/ I keep my medication close to my toothbrush and out of reach of my young child’s hands. I find it a lot easier to remember to take my tablets each mornings and evenings.

Copyright 2008, All Rights Reserved

No comments: